". The Latest Beauty News Blog: Victoria Secret's Sued For Patent Infringement

Health And Beauty Trends Blog

You've discovered the Internet's Latest Beauty News Blog

at Venus and Marz

Stay on top of the latest beauty news,

expert advise, recommendations, pure beauty, fashion videos rant

and raves, makeup trends, ant-aging, weight loss and cosmetic surgery.

Thinking about a cosmetic procedure or want to share some makeup tips or words of wisdom.

Post a message you have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Victoria Secret's Sued For Patent Infringement

A New York woman filed suit against Limited Brands Inc Monday alleging the parent company of Victoria's Secret stole her idea for its Very Sexy 100-way strapless convertible bra.

Katerina Plew sued in U.S. District Court in lower Manhattan, saying Victoria's Secret infringed her May 2004 patent and knew about the patent since at least April 2006.

"I came up with the idea when I was trying to find a bra to go with one of the two dresses that I could wear to my triplets' christening," said Plew, 38. "I went crazy looking for a bra where the straps wouldn't show and couldn't find anything."

Her triplets are now nine years old.

Plew, a single mother who works as a paralegal, said she researched her product visiting stores and looking through catalogues, and "that's when I came up with the idea."

She said she spent about $12,000 to patent the product and developed a prototype.

"When I realized how much it would cost to produce, I started contacting companies," she said.

Plew had an appointment to meet with a Victoria's Secret executive to whom she had mailed a copy of her patent, as well as a DVD with pictures of a model showing her bra, only to have the appointment abruptly canceled.

"A year later I walked into a Victoria's Secret and there was my bra up on the wall," she said.

The bra retails for between $50 and $56, according to the Victoria's Secret website. Plew is seeking unspecified damages.

Limited Brands said it does not comment on pending litigation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw her on Dr Phil Show ,
I Have No money To sue , No atorney will help or press do my story ..
Im fighting chantecaille Of NY and their Law Firm Ostrolenk Faber ,Gerb & Soffen Of NY , They attacked me Set Me up and are stealing my ideas Global people Ideas For FUTURE . I had FUTURE LOOK Before Chantecaille Had FUTURE Skin , With the help of my own Laywer Of washington DC Worked with them To steal my ideas not only ming But people Global FUTURE . See the Fraud cover ups set ups Theft of Global people FUTURE , see on my web page www.futurevisionaries.com see ..agreement of Chantecaille sept 2004 , This agreement is destroying me 24/7 and set up our own country FUTURE no were in the history of our country our world has their been such Fraud ,Cover up set ups theft Of Global IP .I welcome any help ..
Best
Kent G anderson
FUTURE sm/tm
925 N Griffin
Bismarck ND
58501
milmntec@btinet.net
www.futurevisionaries.com

Anonymous said...

Hi all
My name is Tom,

I'm excited to be part of this large and growing forum of great people and thankyou all for making me feel welcome. I just joined today.

My special interests or skills are:
- HTML
- SEO
- Web design
- Internet business

I am happy to help others that need it and offer advice where possible :)

Take care!

Video Of High-tech Products 2 adds first

The Makeup Club


www.themakeupclub.com